Here’s how Content Marketing can bring your business the assured growth you desire!
Why is content so important today?
Content marketing today is crucial to ensure steady business growth and an online presence that’s fail-safe. You are likely to save roughly 62% of your investment when compared to traditional marketing methods. However, planning impactful strategies are important to ensure that content marketing works in your favour.
First things first…
What exactly is content marketing? And why is it important right now?
Content marketing is all about creating and channelling content to your targeted audience with the objective of obtaining the results you expect out of your business website.
Why is it important?
- Incredibly helpful in creating a powerful brand awareness
- Engages and offers valuable information and insights on your business’ products and services
- Attract leads and convert them into high-paying clients
- Rank high on search engine results, becoming more visible to your target audience
Where do I begin? How do I make myself a content strategy that works for my business?
Content marketing is not a breakfast meal. It is rather an elaborate menu that demands precision, mindful thinking, thoughtful actions and achievable goals. You will have to be very specific with what you are doing and how that affects your goals. That’s the recipe you should follow every time you plan on a strategy that involves marketing your content.
Here are the Top 6 Factors You Must Define Before Anything:
- Define your target audience
- Develop a content marketing blueprint
- Plan on content creation & managing workflow through relevant platforms
- Plan a content distribution strategy
- Analyse, understand, optimise
- Stay updated with what’s happening
This blog is the ultimate guide to help escalate your content marketing plans, one step at a time.
1. Define your target audience
Understand that not everyone is looking for what you have to offer. By defining a specific audience, you are basically putting them in a box and giving them a label based on:
- Who they are
- Where they are present
- What is their behaviour
- How do they act
- When do they decide to act
- Why are they making a certain decision?
This way you won’t be spamming a pool of people but would rather be focusing on people who are in need of what you are offering.
Once you are clear on who is actually going to invest in your services/products/ideas, you can build a functional funnel to meet your goals.
2. Crafting a blueprint
How information, processes and goals flow is important. When devising a content marketing strategy, having a blueprint helps in keeping track of where you are, the hurdles and how you are going to get past them.
This blueprint also keeps you motivated to build each step with caution so that your customers have an impeccable experience with you!
Top 5 elements for a bulletproof blueprint:
- Intention and final goals: Why are you doing it and what changes it brings to your audience’s life
- The audience: Who are they and how will you help them solve a problem
- A pitch: What’s your idea and principles to build your advantage around?
- Making it happen: Building a structure and a process that ultimately brings in desired results
- Measuring and improving: Performance review, where do you lack and how will you overcome that and scope for optimisations
Pro tip 1: Always build a blueprint around your sales funnel. This immensely helps in crafting a strategy that’s specific for instantaneous audience action.
Pro tip 2: There are a lot of frameworks available that will make creating a content marketing blueprint easier. Pick wisely!
3. Plan on content creation & managing workflow through relevant tools
Having a preplanned content writing schedule makes it easier to manage time, research and create services that are relevant to your target audience. Research is one aspect that is crucial and can be time-consuming. Having to do it manually further adds to the time.
That’s why it is best to use tools that offer market insights, tell you what your target audience is looking for and save time!
3 top tools that will help you create better content:
- Google trends: What’s trending and how you can be a part of it
- Answer the public: Offer information that your target audience is asking!
- Keyword tools (Moz, SEMrush, Ubersuggest or your choice of tool): Find relevant keywords & phrases to scale up your SEO!
When in the process of churning out content, keep in mind that the more helpful and informative you are, the more people will interact with your content.
By adding authenticity and a voice to your content, you are not only making it brand specific but also engaging with your crowd on a personal level.
Pro tip: Always plan your content ahead. Eleventh-hour rush jeopardises quality.
4. Plan a content distribution strategy
Your desired crowd isn’t sitting at one place even if they are consuming the same type of content. Being omnipresent on multiple platforms helps grab eyeballs.
The more widespread is your presence online, the more your desired crowd will see it.
So, how do you become omnipresent?
Find where your ideal customer is spending most of their time and show up there! For this, you can:
- Post content on your website
- Share your content on social channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat wherever!)
- Guest posting, events, interviews and even podcasts
- Paid channels that let you talk to a pool of people interested in your niche
Being versatile is key here. The more you expand and distribute your content, the more people will see you & discover your ideas/solutions to their problems. Make use of paid and unpaid channels to your advantage.
Pro tip: Get people to read your content and not just visually consume it. Make sure your sentences are in a flow, put information at the beginning (when a person is paying attention), add images, videos and infographics and don’t spam with bulky content.
5. Analyse, understand, optimise
Now that your blueprint has transformed into a masterpiece, know that it’s not the end of the cycle. Once your content is out for consumption, analysing performance is a crucial step many forget about. Chances are you won’t be getting desired results in one go and that’s okay.
By constantly analysing performance you can efficiently keep a track of:
- Leads and conversions
- Subscriptions to your channels
- Quality of leads
- Lead source
- Cost per lead at every stage
- Traffic and frequency of shares
- Keyword performance
- Page rankings
- A/B testing (need/results)
- AND MORE!
Many of this information comes in the form of matrices making it easier to identify the ones that matter or are in need of change.
Think like the targeted crowd that’s consuming your content. Once you start walking in someone else’s shoes, you start identifying their thinking mechanism (add to that the advantage of previously conducted research) and what they are looking for.
A vast majority of people make a Google search before deciding what to do next. How relevant are you to that search?
Not all matrices are equal and your preference matters. Once you start making progress in your campaigns, it will become clearer what matrices matter when it comes to measuring your performance.
Even the most evergreen content needs an upgrade. If people are not interacting with your content, you could simply be losing money. To ensure that doesn’t happen, focus on optimising your content.
Here’s how you can make people engage with your content:
- Content that’s 7 feet tall comes across as scary and people just may read a paragraph or two and leave. Keep your content short and to the point
- Not every reader will strike a conversation and that’s true for a major part of your traffic. Focus on the ones who will
- How soon your website loads matters. If your page loads slower than 2 seconds, the bounce rate increases
- Record how your readers are going through a page and where they are spending most of their time. Revise your content plan accordingly
- Be relevant with the information you are putting out. Invest time in researching
- Make it SEO-friendly and not SEO oriented. Keyword stuffing not only makes your content rank less but it affects readability as well
6. Stay updated with what’s happening
Keep an eye out for algorithm updates and how well prepared you are for what’s next. These updates govern where you stand in the SERP (Search Engine Results Page). By staying relevant to these updates, you can benefit from the updates first-hand.
Additionally, weigh the importance of these updates. Minor updates can be included in upcoming campaigns and strategies whereas major updates call for a revision in existing strategies.
By staying up to date with what’s happening, you can adapt faster & salvage the updates to your advantage!
Content marketing is essential. Doing it right is crucial to ensure that you are gaining desired results. While it may take a while to get a hang of pre-planning, planning and post-planning, the key is to utilise available resources to your advantage.
Your ideal customer is looking for you, are you there yet?
While we hope this blog helps you find a footing to escalate from, we do understand it can be time-consuming to understand everything from the basics. Besides, you will have to invest in tools that will be adding to costs.
Quint Digital is a Melbourne based digital marketing agency that thinks about your growth. We devise powerful content marketing strategies that are exclusive to your business needs. Our team of experienced experts are always on their toes finding ways to scale your business growth!
Book a consultation today and discover your endless potential!